The question is Why not travel Nepal?

When friends and strangers ask me why travel Nepal after earthquake and the devastation? I answer their question with another question “Why not travel to Nepal?” Something I don't understand is why people think that if a country is hit by any natural disaster it would completely halt the country's daily chores and sob about what has been left behind by the catastrophe. It has been more than two months now and it is people’s nature to be constructive and positive and look for what lies ahead and not what was left behind.


The shops are open, the hotels, restaurants and recreation centers have come under operations and I have been to a theatre on the 8th floor to watch avengers with my friends and still alive. I can sense the enthusiasm in the air in the old souks, see the people walking in the narrow alleys and even the children going to schools and being frolic.





Yes there are obviously scars left from the quake that shook us day and nights for over a month but we Nepalese people have grabbed ourselves together and have moved on. I see the enthusiasm of upcoming tourist season, I see people keeping their hotels, motels and guest houses clean. I have been to the mountains after the quake and hearing people talking about how eager they are to welcome new friends from all around the world and seeing how they have fixed their houses already by their own effort for the season to come is just beyond word.




The world heritage sites have started receiving visitors, the mountains are open for trekking, the restaurants are open for serving and the government is fully functioning which pursues me to ask “why not travel to Nepal?”. Your visit could help guides and porters get job, a tea house lodge get business and most important of all the country would generate revenue which would be decentralized to the villages and those affected by the earthquake which needs it the most! 








Shaurab Lohani

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My BBC have it your say experience after earthquake in Nepal

Best time to visit Nepal

Is everything normal in Nepal?