A country of immigrating youth

I left for United States in 2005 for my undergraduate degree and returned back to the country after completion of it and have been working for companies in Nepal and have my own startups. The reason behind pulling up my context is for the reason that I was invited to one of the relative’s farewell party who was departing to the Kangaroo land for his degree along with his wife as his dependent.

With a piece of chicken drumstick on my left hand I sparingly tossed him with a question “how long are you gone for?”. He was reluctant to reply but softly looking at his newly married wife replied ‘never’. I have been deeply concerned with the recent devotion of Nepalese youth for United States, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand. The dreams of being a doctor, engineer, pilots, nurses, health assistants have been replaced with these first world countries.

This relative of mine who is almost of the similar age as mine is awestruck with lives abroad and how he believes to have his life drastically changed when he lands in Australia. Alike him thousands of Nepalese people dream of travelling to first world countries for the betterment of lives and opportunity. I would call this a pop culture and this pop culture of Nepal has already left villages and rural with youngsters and now the migration has been an issue of pride. I feel like the immigration is segregated according to class; the people of high class society ought to have their kids in Australia, America and Canada, where as the middle class family in Dubai and Arab.  


According to my observation as a returned Nepali citizen, it is very difficult to convince the society, the recruiters and colleagues with the reason behind me quitting the riches of America and returning back to my motherland. It is because of the roots that has been implanted in the minds of youths that has led to the fact that every kids born in the country feel that studying in these countries and setting up their life out there is a birth right. Looking at the present context and statistics, Nepal is heading towards being a nation with crisis of skilled and intellect manpower. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My BBC have it your say experience after earthquake in Nepal

Best time to visit Nepal

Is everything normal in Nepal?