My BBC have it your say experience after earthquake in Nepal

I was a spoken English teacher, I had 2 startups in the form of traveler’s hostel and a trekking agency and I was a public speaking trainer on Saturday’s until 25th of April, 2015. It was a Saturday and one of my friends was giving her speech on “why everyone should volunteer” and everything started shaking. It was a session of around 25 people and most of them ran out, some were crawling and most of them were petrified and expressing their grief.

Immediately my senses kicked in and started working for relief with my friends from Dormitory Nepal and Wonderful Everest view treks and expedition. I was astound with the fact that such a tiny project like ours which was successful to receive $7000-$8000 started receiving calls from big dogs in the field of charity organization. The names of the organizations have already faded but I do remember Bibeksheel Nepali, Rotary club, Rotract, Lions club and teach for Nepal knocking our doors for carrying out relief operations in their respective villages. We worked with almost every organization and helped them with whatever we could.
It wasn’t long before media started noticing the work we had been doing and it was the 12th day, if I am not wrong, one of my friends from India named Aakansha told me that we have an interview with BBC have it your say. The first thing I had to say was I am not interested because I am exhausted working from 5:00 am in the morning and I am not into media. She instead insisted me to be a part of it as it would somehow help our campaign as well and I agreed to it. I was exhausted and I did not even have a chance to change and I do remember I smelled bad and I was there at 7:30 pm. It was amazing experience being on media for the first time in life and straight up on BBC and having to say what I had to say. It was a tough time and we were battling with two issues at that time the first was the devastating situation by the earthquake and second was the Indian media with the exaggerated coverage. The Indian media was more worst than the earthquake that the first ever hashtag #gohomeindianmedia became the internet sensation of that time.


Anyway it was a great experience and I was happy that I could have it my way on BBC and want to thank everyone who has helped this campaign to become a big hit. “Donation for Nepal” for life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best time to visit Nepal

Is everything normal in Nepal?