Earthquake in Nepal through my eyes

Well I survived the earthquake of the century that hit Nepal on 25th of April, 2015! Its been a while since I have written anything and as I never had an edge in writing articles, I have a strong belief that I have lost whatever I had as a writer.

It was 11:00am on a gloomy Saturday morning; amazing and unfamiliar day for a Spring season. We were at Tripureshwor in kathmandu School of Speaking, a platform for public speakers. The session started at 11:30 and we were done by impromptu session and were conducting members session. Nibedita Shrestha, a young lady and an employee of FNCCI. At that time I hadnt looked at the clock exactly but it was vaguely around 12 and I had just come back from the restroom when everything started moving and everyone started running.

We all screamed "Earthquake" on our way out and tried to run but that was the only thing we could do! I remember being said when earthquake hits do not run but I believe me along with my friends senses were clogged and we were just pushing each other out to make our own way. The first thing I noticed majority of around 20 people who ran out were crawling our way, and when the first tremor settled down I saw most of them in tears. I looked around, motorcycles fell n the ground, the parked cars were moving, the streets were cracked and when I went on the nearby street I saw chaos. Multiple accident, fallen or tilted buildings and crying people is what I witnessed.


I thought for a while and got a grip of myself and tried making couple of calls to my family and my friends. I was able to make contact with everyone but my mom. My mom had gone along with my aunt and her friends to one of the famous temples in Nuwakot known as Jalpa devi. After not being able to talk to 4 hours and hearing on the news that Nuwakot is one of the hardest hit districts, I had made up in my mind that I will never be able to see the only parent remaining and I have to convey to my sister who lives in the United states.


Meanwhile on my way back home at 12:30 pm, shortly after the earthquake, I saw prehistoric monuments "Dharahara", "Durbar High School", "Rani Pokhari" at ground zero. I had a strong feeling when these foundation did not stand a chance, my home is probably gone as well! I reached my home and saw the house and was astound to see it not only standing but also not receiving a single crack.

Finally I was able to establish a contact with my mother and she was on her way back home. I could feel the panic from her voice over the phone and for real when she arrived home later that night. To be continued.......................



Please support us help earthquake victim in Nepal with shelter!!








Promo Video: https://youtu.be/l36x6o3iexA

Our facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/donatefornepalese

Click this link to Donate: https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraisers/earthquake-victims-in-nepal--3/x/10645073 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My BBC have it your say experience after earthquake in Nepal

Best time to visit Nepal

Is everything normal in Nepal?